Mar 7, 2008

New Hair and My B-day!


So you may remember me looking like this about 2 weeks ago....



that's all changed now, ... NOW it's all about this!



I chopped about 12 or so inches off! It was time for a change, It has been long for about 7 yrs so i was feeling like it was time for a change!

Side view...







So Sunday the 9th was my 24th birthday and Chad made it so much fun for me! He wrote me this little poem about a scavenger hunt for easter eggs that were filled with my favorite candy and sweet little notes.



24! I am really gettin up there now, almost a quarter of a century!



This one of the cards Chad made me with Jack Bauer from 24 on it. At first I didn't get why he choose to use Jack Bauer on my card and then I realized oh yea I'm 24 now! I was a little slow :)
He's clever though huh?



Here are some of the eggs and notes he had hidden around the house.

We had a really great dinner and then Chadder invited a bunch of our friends to our house for cake and ice cream and games. It was such a blast!



Hilary and Mike Ramsey



Natalie and Adam Kelly



Good ol' Hayley Redder!



And of course our family Jason and Didi, i guess they were in a little bit of a quarrel when we took this pic! Heehee



My yummy cake...Chad improvised on the candles and used some tea light candles we had!



It was awesome I loved the whole day!



I love my family they are such great blessings to me and they made my birthday very special.

7 comments:

Jason and Kelsey said...

you're hair looks awesome! i love it! i bet it is so much easier now that it's short huh? and your birthday looked like so much fun...i wish we were still in rexburg so we could have had some of that awesome tea light cake! hahah! chad is so funny...but all those cute notes and stuff, holy cow! he is so sweet! you're a lucky girl!

abbyB said...

Crystal, I never got to tell you how great I think your hair looks! I love it!!! I'm probably going to be getting my cut, too. Hopefully it will turn out as good as yours. I hope you had a great birthday, too! -Abby

Meggie and Russ said...

LOVE the hair! Happy Birthday! Thats so fun, what a romantic hubby! Gotta love 24! Happy B-day again!

Dani said...

Happy Birthday! I love your hair! It is so cute and it looks great on you. Very stylin'!

HAYHAY said...

Happy Birthday again you short-haired babe!! Your party was great. We LOVE hanging out with you guys. I just got back today around 4:00. I stayed longer so Kam could get some more work done. I'm ready to play with you again:) I miss ya!
I LOVE this post. It is so fun, just like the Henkel family!

Em said...

Your hair looks fantastic!!! And Happy Birthday, by the way!

nana said...

you look great! i have long hair at the moment and am thinking of getting my hair cut short too..but i'm scared! haha!