Apr 26, 2008

Playing Catch-up!

Our lives have been pretty busy and crazy the last couple of weeks! Here's a the low down of what we've been up to...
I decided that I'm going to divide some of the events into separate posts because i realized i have a lot of pics and it will take me too long to do one huge post.



Ella is just a little character.... she's constantly becoming more and more independent and hilarious. She loves to do everything on her own, it truly has to be her idea to do pretty much anything in order for her to do it. For example I will try to put a cheerio in her mouth and she will refuse it but if i put it on the couch or something for her to grab she will take it and eat it. She is so funny, I'm just learning to accept my child has a very strong little personality and letting her become her own little individual independent self.



How do you like those tonsils!



The last week we were in Idaho we tried to get together with as many of our friends as we could to say good-bye before we left for Texas for the summer! So Ella and I went on a walk/visit with Hayley and Jake Redder and Dulcie and Camrie Clayton. It was a lot of fun. ( I miss you girls!)

Another fun experience I had was throwing my sister-in-law, Diana's baby shower! I had a lot of fun with preparing it and putting it all together, plus I had a lot of great friends who helped me accomplish it! Thanks again everyone!



I made my first diaper cake for my gift and a center piece for the shower. It really wasn't too hard at all. I used a baby shampoo as the center core to build around.



It was a lot of fun...i started looking up how to make them on the internet and how much people were charging for them and I kinda thought maybe i should get in on doing some of that....well i don't know how well they sell but if people are buying these things, some for like $600 that are seriously so simple that I'm thinkin I'm going to start a business!



I also made her some headbands which i had a lot of fun with! Ella won't wear any of hers anymore because she pulls them out, she won't even let me put a little barrette in her hair, she just rifles around in her hair until she finds them and yanks them out! I'm so sad because i made her a bunch of cute hair accessories and i can't use any of them anymore. That little stinker!



Angie, Chad's sister was our great little photographer while I was hosting.



We played this candy bar game where they had to guess which phrase about having a baby went with the name of a candy. For example baby's poopy diaper went with "Milk Duds". :) It was fun! We played some other games as well but this is the only one i have a picture of.



Cute little preggo Didi opening her awesome gifts she got at the shower.



So i forgot to take pictures of my tables before everyone came so after everyone left i kind of tried resetting them up so i could have somewhat of an idea of what they looked like, so they're a little sparse but here's an idea of how they looked.




This was the food table and pretty much all of it was gone when I took this pic...but oh well. Lots of yummy food, it was great!



Here's the Henkel family gals, look at those hot mamas! And isn't Diana such a cute preggo girl!



So i know this picture is totally out of focus but it was the only one we took that was all of us Henkels together and for some reason my camera was taking blurry pictures when i put it on timer. Weird huh?



Angie was reading to Ella and she was just loving it. Any book that has animals in it
and in particular dogs she has a hay day!

Well that's all i'm going to post for today but hold on to your seats they're still more I need to catch you up on!

1 comment:

Meggie and Russ said...

Cute cute pictures!! HEY, my sister is moving to Houston in June! Russ is soooo excited to come visit so we will have to give you guys a call when we come down!!