Aug 22, 2008

Guess what!!!!

"First comes love then comes marriage then comes THE BABY in the baby carriage...."

For all of you who don't know yet the Henkel family is adding a new addition to our family! I am due on the 14th of January!
And on the 21ist of august we went and got an ultrasound and found out that we're having a baby BOY!!
Both Chad and I had the feeling that it was going to be a boy but as time came closer and closer to finding out what we were having we got so nervous to find out if our feeling was right! Chad said in jest that if God loves us he'll give us a boy! So you can imagine the excitement Chad had when we found out!
The funniest thing was that our little buddy was not shy at all in showing us his manhood, keeping his legs completely spread eagle, he made it very obvious to everyone that we are 100% having a boy!





His cute little profile!



Little foot



Another profile shot (this one is kinda blurry but the bigger oval in the middle is the side of his head which leads down to his chest)



One of the 3D shots it was so crazy to be able to see him a little more realistically even if it was only for only a few seconds!



In the video you can see his little skeletor face looking straight at the ultrasound camera and his little arm is resting up against his head. It was so cool to be able to really see what is going on down there inside of my belly! The doctor said that everything looked good with him and that he looks healthy. So we are just really thankful and excited! It is crazy how much sooner I have felt this baby move inside of me compared to Ella. I swear he is such a little wiggler and i have been feeling him kick since around 17 weeks and with Ella i didn't feel her till like 22 weeks! I loved getting the ultrasound because it just gives us something to be able to get to know this baby a little more and make things more personal now that we know that it's a boy. Now we can start thinking of boy names! If anyone has any good ideas let us know! We have a few we kinda like but we're really not sold on any one yet.

16 comments:

christina said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. I think about calling you everyday, but i'm a bum and i don't. Are you back in ID now? love you!

will, jess, gabbie, kensie, cambrie... said...

hilarious!it is so funny that he is not shy showing off his manhood. kind of reminds me of chad, when will told me that chad danced naked for kam at his bachelor party. (he just told me that the other day, that is the only reason why it is fresh on my mind.)

Angietorinagasama said...

What? Chad danced naked for a bachelor party?? Eww.
I can't tell what the heck that "it's a boy" picture is all about. It's all mush to me, so I'll take your word for it!! Love you both and I'll see you soon!

Cassie said...

Congrats! How exciting for you guys!

Hailey said...

Holy Nuts you guys! We are so excited for you and glad to hear the happy news. Hope all is going well with the pregnancy. We are just in love with our new little girl and wish you guys were here to see her. We hope we will get to see you soon.....somehow. Anywho, Congrats from the both of us! Chad, Drew says he misses you.

Em said...

OMG, Crystal! CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you! And those pics/video are incredible! Wow, super awesome for you guys! Congrats, again!

HAYHAY said...

YAY!! I'm so excited for you. A little boy will be a perfect addition to the Henkel Family. Ella will be so fun with a little brother.
It was so great to see you in Boise. I love you guys.

Unknown said...

Yay for boys they are soooo awesome!!!

* Nancy * said...

Congrats! Ella will be a great sister...She is a fun girl, I can only imagine the two together!

Estelle said...

Congratulations!!! We hope everything goes well for you guys... also we happen to know an available bachelorette for your son and they will only be a few weeks apart :)

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. Boys are so fun!

Chad & Tiff said...

Congratulations Guys... We are so excited for you.

Chad wanted to say that..."you guys are starting to produce them like rabbits."

I told him that wasn't very nice but he was being a baby about it!!!

Dulcie said...

What a stud already!!! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see you. Let's get together ASAP!

Dulcie said...

What a stud already!!! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see you. Let's get together ASAP!

Kristin said...

Hey Henkel Fam, this is a random person from one of Chad's FAVORITE life phases - a little place called Three Forks, Montana. I found Dut Dut on Facebook and she sent me your blog address to check it out. Looks like you guys have an adorable growing family which reminds me of my own! I have a 19 month old little girl and am also pregnant though we don't know gender yet. Time to wrap this comment up but I wanted to say hey and good to see you turned out okay Chad. mwa hahahhaha. I'm a jerk I know. Well I hope you'll keep us updated on your going ons.

Marissa said...

Congratulations!!! I had no idea you guys were even expecting! How far apart will they be? Congrats again!