Sep 19, 2009

Hangin out with the Henkels

So I am so behind as usual on my Henkel Happenings...we have had so much going on that I have not documented...so I am going to try to play catch up and take you through a little rewind of the things we've been doing over the past while.



So all the way back in July we hung out with our friends Abby and Ryan Bell before they left for Arkansas to go work for Walmart Corporate. We went bowling and all did pretty well if I do say so myself! :)



Aww Just Precious huh?



We got to go say bye to them the day they left and took a couple pics with them as well. Sam & Lexi Christensen were there as well so we had to get a pic with the wives and the babies (of course Ella was not up for taking pictures!)



And of course Chad and Ryan had to get a pic together as well (well actually we told them to stand there for the pic and they listened :) )

It was truly sad to say bye to our buddies but we're really happy for them and the opportunity they are pursuing!



Another pretty big thing we've experienced lately was Chad's second ACL surgery.
He actually tore it and his meniscus back a couple years back but finally got the chance to do it a couple months ago.



A couple days after the surgery it had this crazy bruising from his mid thigh all the way to his ankle! But he healed up pretty fast and is now able to walk on it without any problems! We were really blessed to find a really good doctor and to have everything go so well with it all!



So next on the list of things we have been through lately was the morning that Ella decided to put Bag Balm (a balm like Petroleum Jelly) all over everything! I went to go take a shower and asked Chad to watch Ella but he was quite tired from taking Hydrocodone for the pain from his knee surgery...and well he fell asleep...so Ella took it as an opportunity to experiment with the Bag Balm. I got back from taking a shower and found her whole face, hair, arms, neck, hands and my dresser were covered in it! The pictures don't do it justice! We washed her hair at least 7 times and she still looked like a grease monkey as if she hadn't been bathed in weeks. So of course it was Sunday and we were going to church, the best solution became to just put it in a greasy looking pony tail. It took a few days before her hair looked normal again but I guess it probably gave her some good conditioning though ;)



We also got to go to the Rexburg fair which was really quite fun, mostly because of how much Ella and Jackson loved it.



We got to eat lots of yummy fair food like corn on the cob, funnel cakes, hotdogs etc!



Ella got to go in the bounce house and she absolutely LOVED it!



She was bouncin' all over the place and laughing hysterically!





Having the time of her life! You can imagine what leaving this place was like...



Jack just being a happy little camper!



Petting goats and loving it.



A really weird looking chicken thing!



Jack thought the animals were pretty cool as well!





Then the Henkels came down to visit and to open up Dallon's mission call with the whole family together! He got called to the Carlsbad California mission and reports on Oct 14th! We are so proud of him and really excited for the experience that he's going to have! Go get 'em Dal! We love ya!

So there's more that i am still behind on but this post was getting pretty long so i'll have to split it up into a few posts to cover it all!

4 comments:

Didi & Jason said...

Ah such cute pics at the fair. How fun! It's good for a city gal like you to have a lil country in her. :)

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

What a fun post- and so much going on! All I can say is..ouch on the knee thing. Don't envy you there. Hope things are going better. The fair looks fun, but I have to say that my favorite is the jelly in the hair. Sounds like something that would happen with one of our boys and it warms my heart to hear it from someone else. Just when you think they couldn't possibly come up with anything else...!

HAYHAY said...

OH man, I miss being a part of the Henkel Happenings! (That would be a cute name for your blog by the way. I just met your friends in thoses pictures. I've seen Lyndsey a couple of times at the gym, they are nice.

THe jelly is classic. I miss Ella and her mischief.

LOVE YOU

P.S. I heard you guys were moving. We need to talk. I'll call you after Kam's parents leave.

Muffin said...

how stinkin' cute are those kids! You all look great!