Jan 30, 2010

Tubing

One of the days we were in Kemmerer we went tubing down this pretty steep hill they have in town! It was so much fun! Ella was so excited to go but we didn't really have any "real" snow clothes for her so we improvised with lots of layers and plastic bags over her bundled feet! It ended up working pretty well. After a bit of being out there she wanted to shed some layers, so really why invest in snow clothes when you can just be ghetto like us and make your own snow shoes! Ha ha. ( This was Crystal writing) But from now on Chad will be commenting on the rest of the post.

**This is Chad signing in for my quarterly blog chime in.**










This is the steepest hill SW Wyoming has to offer.



The tapered sweat pants and hiking boots combo helped me fit right in Wyoming style. I got compliments at the local grocery store - "Yeah, killer boots man!" - Lloyd Christmas



Ella's boots. Don't judge, we weren't planning on this adventure so we had to improvise. Yes, those are plastic bags with rubber bands holding them secure to her legs.



"I love sledding in less-than-adequate apparel."



This is Ella trying to karate chop the camera.



"I'm not bored, I have hypothermia. I feel so warm, what is that bright light?"



This looks deceivingly unsafe.



Cousin Phil and I experimenting with the most dangerous way to go down a snow slope, elbows joined like we're doing a do-si-do.



The result: gettin jacked up on the ice skating rink.

2 comments:

nat said...

HAHAHA! That's awesome you guys!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Hilarious! That is some serious sledding. My favorite has to be Ella's boots. Classic. That and the fall at the end. So fun.