So I decided it was time to start writing down some of the hilarious things that Ella has been saying. And now thanks to my friend Lyndsey Richardson for giving me the idea I'm going to start blogging about them.
One weekend morning Chad had taken Ella downstairs to go get her some breakfast and let me sleep a little longer with Jackson (what a good hubby). Anywho he had been feeding her some oatmeal and then he had cooked some eggs and offered her some as well and I guess she was quite full because she started chanting " NO MORE FOOD, NO MORE FOOD," (while pumping her fist in the air!) I have no idea where she learned that move but i was cracking up when Chad told me about it.
The other day I was giving Ella a bath and I was getting ready for the day as well. I noticed she was jabbering something to her two rubber duckies she had in her bath and when I started paying attention I realized she was waving her pointer finger at them saying, "Time-out, Time out!" So i asked her, "Are you putting your duckies in Time Out?" She said, "Yeah, He crying, He sad." It was pretty funny, she's becoming more like Mommy every day with all her mimicking.
Whenever Ella gets hurt she says, "Ouchey-Doodle", I have said that a couple of times when I got hurt and I guess it rubbed off. It's quite humorous to hear her exclaiming that while she's crying though.
One day when my sister Mallorie was over she was sitting cross-legged on the floor playing with Ella. She had a couple of small holes in her jeans near her crotch area and Ella saw them and started pointing at them and exclaimed, " Oh no, poop, POOP." She was very worried that Mallorie had pooped her pants.
The other day I was at Walmart at around 9:30a.m. thinking that i had a good amount of time before Ella needed to go down for her nap...Boy was I wrong. After only a few minutes of being there she was becoming very ornery and demanding to have everything on the shelves, "I hab it momma, I hab it momma, Pleeeese," was her cry. After awhile though it was getting ridiculous because I couldn't get any shopping done I was constantly trying to keep her appeased. So i finally just said no you can't hold whatever it was we were passing by...and then all hell broke loose and she started throwing a tantrum and exclaiming, "I tired momma, I tired momma!" So I look like some horrible mother who keeps her child up instead of putting her down for a nap. But it didn't end there! She kept screaming at the top of her lungs and I was at my wits end trying to think of how to get her to stop while in a store! So i picked her up and she was resisting my hold and saying, "Hurting me Momma. Hurting, hurting," All i was doing was holding on to her but she didn't want to be in my arms. She sure knows how to put on a show! So not only do I look like I don't care about my child's nap (which by the way she normally takes at 12p.m. and it was only 10:30) now I look like I am abusive! It was quite the time! If anyone has a great method on how to discipline your tantrumy toddler at the store please send it my way!
I have another question for ya'll. So we've been trying to work on Potty Training ( a little bit) but it hasn't been going that well. She seems to be apprehensive about the toilet. She will tell me sometimes, "poo, poo," before she has even gone but as soon as I say, "ok lets go try to go on the potty" she says, "No I happy." As in whenever we take her out of time out we ask her if she's going to be happy now and so I think she thinks that being happy means I'm being good so don't make me do anything. Other times I will set her on the potty and she will fake grunt but she hasn't quite gotten the whole concept of actually going. Any ideas?
1 comment:
cute with the 'no more food!'. Kids are so funny with that and their mimicking. :)
A thought on potty training(we're in the midst of that), to get her interested in sitting on the potty(to me, that's the first step is getting them to actually go and sit), give her an incentive. With James we've used mini marshmallows, he gets one for sitting, and one for pee and one for a poop. That way it's not a huge deal with giving them a lot of sugar, but they sure think it's cool. If you're interested more in our potty adventures: http://mrsemers.livejournal.com/61832.html :)
Good luck, and by the way, Jackson is such a cute little chunk! I love it!
Post a Comment