Aug 17, 2009

Henkel Family Island Park Trip

This is Chad signing in here...

So Ella, what can we say? She is a funny little girl, all of the Henkel's got together in the last week of July and did some "camping" in Island Park, ID... as in we all pitched in and rented a cabin. It was a lot of fun. Here is Ella taking a break from chasing birds. I don't think she ever came to the conclusion that she'd never catch them. She is tenacious.





Here is the little bear having fun with Gramps, she was really liking the rocking chair.



My little niece Macazlyn is a funny little girl. If she is going to show affection in the kissing department you can expect an open-mouther.



As you can tell, not everyone is comfortable with it. "SAVE ME!"



So us kids floated the Henry's Fork as a little getaway, the sweet g-parents watched the babes for us. It was a lot of fun for the first 45 min when we had lots of energy. However, the float lasted a good 2.5 hours and the water was super shallow in some areas so we had to pretty much get out and push at some points. Needless to say it was a good time with the fam.





(So Chad couldn't handle finishing a whole post so I had to take over...i guess it was a good try for his 1ST time ever posting in like the 3 years I've been doing it. :) Love you still bud!)

Dallon and Chad decided to jump in to the pretty frigid water.



He's really hardcore...can you tell?



Uncle Dallon is Ella and Jackson's buddy.



Jack and his cousin Macazlyn are pretty good buddies... if you call their constant poking and mauling each other being friends then i'd say they're the best. :) It's way cute to see Cazzy get excited to see him and like to touch his face. I think he enjoys it too!



While we were at Island Park we got to go to Yellowstone for free! It was fun to see the sights again being that all of us hadn't seen them since we were young.



Of the animals to see there, we got to see 1 buffalo and a bald eagle in it's nest which was pretty cool.



On our way home from I.P. we stopped at Mesa Falls and there was this awesome rainbow there. The pic doesn't do it justice!



I'm not sure what our kids were looking at...



Sweet little Cazzy and Auntie Angie-bo-bangie!



The whole crew.



Ella was getting really into sniffing flowers! Even though there was a sign not to pick the flowers that we happened to see AFTER she had had a good ol' time picking as many as her little hands could carry, what can I say she's our flower child. Oopsie!

Well we had a good time getting to have a little R&R in the wilderness with the fam, with good food and good company, what else can you ask for? Hope to make this into a tradition! Love you Henkels!

3 comments:

christina said...

you only saw ONE buffalo?! when we went last year, we saw like 500. it was kind of the joke of the trip. ohhh, lets get buffalo souvenirs, lets stop and take ANOTHER picture of ANOTHER buffalo.

we also saw a couple of bears! that was cool. i'm so jealous that you live near/have family in such cool places! all we ever see is the desert.

love you.

Didi & Jason said...

ah that was such a fun time. I hope that we can make a tradition as well. Cute pics...I love seeing other pics. Love you guys

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Looks and sounds fun. I love all the pictures. Good attempts Chad at posting. Andrew barely even reads our blog let alone posts!