
Here's some stuff the little ones have been spouting off lately...
Me at church today: "Ella did you know that the sacrament helps us remember when Jesus died for us? The bread helps us remember his body and the water helps us remember his blood." Ella eyes really wide, "His BLOOD? It tastes funny." Me: "No, no the water isn't really his blood it just helps us remember His blood." Not sure she was quite ready for that concept haha!
I also told her about how Jesus died but then he came back to life and was resurrected so that we could do the same some day and she responded, " Like Nemo?" Remember he died for a second and then he's gonna come back to life?" (Nemo is her pet fish that died about a week ago and now everything that is dead is like Nemo. The sad thing is I think she thinks he'll only be dead for awhile and then come back to life soon. She wants that resurrecting thing to happen here real quick! :)
Today Ella saw a little kid get up and bear his testimony and she was like, " I wanna do that!" I asked her, "do you know what to say when you go up there?"she goes, " I like to bear my testimony..." and I said yea that's good and then you tell about the things that you are grateful for, she said, " Yea like my mommy and my daddy and my Jackie," I said, those are good and you can talk about how you know that the church is true. And she says, "Yea but it's not fair." I just laughed I don't know where she got that one! So anyways she kept asking us to go up to the pulpit to bear her testimony but I was feeling too shy to get up today and so Chad finally gave into her. And lo and behold she froze, he puts her up there and right away she turns around to him and says, "But what do I say?" Then Chad was telling her stuff but she got too nervous to talk! I felt bad for Chad but he'll be blessed for bearing his own testimony and I think it was a good experience for Ella to have so that she knows what to do the next time she goes up! :) I was pretty proud of her though for having the gumption to want to go up in the first place I think that part is a challenge in itself!
She is such a smart/loving/helpful little girl. She is always asking me whats next on the list for us to do mom? She is always excited to help me unload the dishwasher-hope she keeps that up for many years! :) When you tell her something like, "Do you want to go color?" She will respond with the most enthusiasm I have ever seen a child muster, "That's a great idea mom!" She actually says that to me quite often and man is it boosting my self esteem ! :)

Jack is a real jabberer these days, he can say a bunch of words now like, "da" (dog-he pants and everything), "daint-tu" (thank you), "Ay-ya" (Ella), "teef" (teeth for when he wants to brush his teeth), "bay-bee" ( Baby), "Ap-pul"-(Apple) "Cheeesth" (Cheese), "Pees" (Please), and of course he can say the usual, Mama, Dada, Papa, Nana, his favorite friend Ty and I'm sure there's others but that is all I can think of at the moment! :) The words he probably uses most often though are "yea" and "Noooo" he has such a cute deep sort of raspy voice that it's just fun to hear him say pretty much anything.
He is such a cuddle bug slash super friendly guy. He loves giving out his big hugs and resting his head on your shoulder all of which I love, Ella never did that! But she has changed to be more cuddly as she has gotten older but Jack has been cuddly since day one. When Ella does something mean to him and I tell her that she needs to go give him a hug and say sorry to him he will be the first to run over to her and give her the biggest hug that almost knocks her over! Ah yes that is pretty easy for him because they way almost the same amount, she's weighs 30lbs and the last time I checked he was like 28.5lbs so as you can imagine he is a hefty little guy. I actually strained my back this last week picking him up...which he has done to my mom as well! He's just so compact and dense but it's so hard not to want to pick him up even when you're in pain! Another thing about Jack is his fondness for pinching the skin right on the triceps area of my arm when I am holding him, not sure why, maybe he's giving me a hint that I need to start working on my "Relief Society arms" or maybe it's just that the skin is really soft there,( I like that theory better). :)

On another note, I made a dress for Ella with my friend Tanelle who pretty much guided me through the whole thing! She is awesome! It turned out pretty cute but its a little snug on her cause I didn't quite get the original measurements right but, I am planning on making another one, now that I know what I'm doing I should whip right through it! (If you know me though that is probably impossible, due to the fact that I am a perfectionist with that kind of stuff...ha ha ) I'll post a pic of it as soon as I take one.
Anywho now that I whet my appetite with this sewing stuff I am really eager to try more things! Our next project is a wallet, I'll let you know how that goes...I'm a little nervous, it seems a bit more tricky but at least I will have Tanelle to help get me through it! :)
Ok I'm going to bed now...too many late nights in a row, does no good for a Mommy on the go! Ha ha I'm a poet and I don't even know it. Gosh I'm good. (more like corny:) )
2 comments:
adorable update...and super cute pictures. THey are just FULL of personality. Ella wheels are really turning. I love hearing what is going on in that curious little brain.
You will be SO glad you have this one day. I love the stage when they are absolutely fascinated and yet somewhat confused at all the church concepts. They say the funniest (and often borderline sacreligious things then). :) One of these days I will make that dress, but I have the same problem as you. Perfectionism makes sewing that much harder.
Post a Comment