Mar 29, 2015

Ella's new tooth!

     Well we had a pretty eventful Friday night this week... It all started with a fun and relaxing day at the park. The kids were having so much fun basking in the 77 degree weather that we stayed there much longer than I had planned on. It was 5 o'clock and the kids and I were getting hungry. I herded my "cats" I mean children to the van and asked Ella to help Jackson bring his 2 razor scooters to the trunk. She sweetly agreed to help, and as I said goodbye to my sweet friend that was at the park with me I glance over at Ella on the scooter and see that she is riding Jackson's newer "powerwing" razor that has the ability to spin out and do donuts. She has never ridden this scooter before and is taking it slowly and cautiously but trying to do a little spin. Everything looked good I was actually proud of her for being adventurous and trying new things because she is usually pretty timid at things like bikes and scooters etc. Then in the last split second of the turn the scooter tipped over landing her directly on her face! Her hands were still holding on to the handle bars, she didn't even have a chance to brace for the fall! For a split second I think maybe it won't be that bad I will smile at her and assure her she's ok! When she looks up at me, blood is trickling out of her mouth and she looks very distraught and in shock. I rush over to her and to my dismay realize that she has knocked a little over half of her front tooth out! Her lips and gums are bleeding and swollen and I look down to find the chunk of tooth she just knocked out of her mouth. Thankfully I have a father who is an amazing dentist that lives near me and I give him a call. He was so sweet and had us come in right away on his day off and even though he has been sick with a cold! He took care of her so well and put her fears and pain at ease. She now has a new little tooth that he created out of resin. She looks great and is doing better as she heals from the scrapes and bumps she got from the fall as well! Poor little sweet heart! Of all my kiddos I would have voted her least likely to have this happen to her but that is life isn't it?


She loved "Mr. Nose ie. nitrous gas , she didn't even know she got a shot to numb her gums! Ha! I was proud of her for being brave through all the new things and thankful my dad was so gentle and sweet with her. She's a new gal with her new tooth and the swelling down! Feeling good! 😊

No comments: